Image Map

Monday, February 13, 2012

DIY Magnet Organizational Board


Magnet Organization Board
the place to put all your coupons/reciepts/notes and more...

I don't know how you keep track of all your coupons, notes, shopping lists, receipts and all the other little odds and ends that seem to get stock piled collected on a day-to-day basis but at our house...all those little "things" kept piling up in stack on my kitchen counter or written on sticky notes and slapped on the fridge or cabinet door or sometimes to Mr. AKMs forehead :) 

There was no true rhyme or reason to how it was handled.  It was more of a bad habit than anything.  Well, I decided it was high time to put the bad habit to rest!



I absolutly LOVE how colorful it is...and that EVERYTHING is in one place!  LOVE IT! 

So here is how it came to be...

I had the black frame already and had been trying to figure out what I wanted to do with it.  Then my sister mentioned wanting to make a magnet board for her daughter...and I thought "I can do that!"  But I honestly didn't know where I would put one...then my mom purchased the AWESOME Michael Miller fabric from Hypernoodle.  She has the CUTEST fabric like EVER!  If you are into sewing you must go check out the stuff on her website.  You won' be dissappointed.

Anyway, back to my story...the minute I saw the fabric I knew what I had to do...so I ran to Lowes to get me a sheet of metal.  And then it went something like this...


AKM Note:  Please wear gloves when cutting the sheet metal as the edges can get pretty sharp...not that the new blood stain on the work bench is mine or anything. 








Then step back, smile and admire all your handi-work!


 


I am excited to finally have a little organization going in my life...and a bright, happy place to put it all!

What are some of your favorite ways to organize your clutter in the kitchen?


You may find this post partying in the following places:







18 comments:

  1. Brilliant! It is lively and happy and those clear holders make everything visible and yet together! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love the bright colors in my kitchen. It makes me smile every time I walk by.

      Delete
  2. It looks like it was made for that spot - and the fabric is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The fabric is even more awesome in person!

      Delete
  3. You are so exactly right about habits (or lack there of) contributing to the state of organization in the home. :) What a great solution you've created - love the fun/funky pattern you chose as well!

    Cheers!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for linking up to last week's edition of Lisa's Linky List!! I'm featuring you today as one of my "3 Loved Linkies"!! Feel free to grab a button when you get a chance!! :D
    ~Lisa
    Lisa's Craft Blog

    ReplyDelete

Love notes...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...